The Northwestern Vermont Board of REALTORS® (NVBR) has released its market statistics for May 2017. The information is derived from data contained in the New England Real Estate Network and covers Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
Changes for May over last year at this time include:
– New Listings were up 24.9 percent for Single Family homes but decreased 9.5 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
– Pending Sales increased 9.5 percent for Single Family homes and increased 13.7 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
– The median sales price was up 1.5 percent to $277,000 for Single Family homes and 6.0 percent to $228,000 for townhouse-condo properties.
– Closed sales decreased 4.4 percent for Single Family properties and decreased 9.8 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
– Average days on market decreased 31.9 percent or 96 days for Single Family homes and decreased 41.0 percent or 69 days for the townhouse-condo market.
– Month’s supply of inventory decreased 18.3 percent, or 5.8 months for Single Family units and decreased 16.7 percent, or 3.6 months for townhouse-condo units.
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR's viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.