The Northwestern Vermont Board of REALTORS® (NVBR) has released its market statistics for December 2017. The information is derived from data contained in the New England Real Estate Network and covers Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
Changes for December over last year at this time include:
- New Listings were down 25.2 percent for Single Family homes but increased 3.4 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- Pending Sales increased 13.1 percent for Single Family homes and 26.7 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- The median sales price was up 4.3 percent to $297,079 for Single Family homes and 12.7 percent to $247,000 for townhouse-condo properties.
- Closed sales increased 16.9 percent for Single Family properties but decreased 12.9 percent for townhouse- condo properties.
- Average days on market decreased 27.9 percent or 80 days for Single Family homes and increased 24.1 percent or 67 days for the townhouse-condo market.
- Month’s supply of inventory decreased 18.0 percent for Single Family units and decreased 21.9 percent for townhouse-condo units.