The Northwestern Vermont Board of REALTORS® (NVBR) has released its market statistics for January 2018. The information is derived from data contained in the New England Real Estate Network and covers Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
Changes for January over last year at this time include:
- New Listings were down 23.6 percent for Single Family homes but increased 13.9 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- Pending Sales increased 31.3 percent for Single Family homes and 48.4 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- The median sales price was up 8.7 percent to $267,500 for Single Family homes but decreased 21.2 percent to $205,000 for townhouse-condo properties.
- Closed sales decreased 10.1 percent for Single Family properties and decreased 25.6 percent for townhouse- condo properties.
- Average days on market decreased 9.1 percent or 80 days for Single Family homes and decreased 13.7 percent or 82 days for the townhouse-condo market.
- Month’s supply of inventory decreased 26.5 percent for Single Family units and decreased 22.6 percent for townhouse-condo units.